The Nike Free Powerlines+ Shoe: A glove-like fit and comfort
Featuring an innovative, minimalist design, the Nike Free Powerlines+ Men's Shoe has a mesh upper for enhanced breathability and deep flex grooves that deliver a flexible, barefoot-like ride.
- Nike Free construction for more natural movement and an extraordinary feel
- Synthetic overlays for snug support and a glove-like fit
- Molded sockliner that conforms to the shape of your foot for comfort and support
- Deep flex grooves along the outsole for natural range of motion and flexibility
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, just like bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure- measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.
- Breathable mesh upper for comfort
- Fused Phylite midsole and outsole for an ultra-lightweight, resilient ride
- Carbon rubber in high-wear areas for enhanced durability
- Nike+ ready